DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/index.php)
- Metallica (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/board.php?boardid=1)
-- Metallica News (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/board.php?boardid=2)
--- Chapter meeting/party 2008 (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/thread.php?threadid=1806)

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at00:07:

Chapter meeting/party 2008

Hey boys and girls...guys...metallica fans...chapter folks!

Jörg and I had the idea of a cool chapter meeting which would take place in the "Brauhaus Puntigam" where you can see how beer is made. Jummy! So if anyone of you is interested in it...give me a HELL YEAH!

Second idea would be to make a metallica party at my apartment in graz, WE ARE ALLOWED TO BE NOISY...or lets put it like this...WE CAN BE LOUD AND NOBODY CARES.

Now we need to choose the first thing or the second ...or both, because my flat is about a 10-15minutes walk away from the brauhaus. You guys are on the turn to give us some dates on which you could come to graz. I start with this one...

OFFICIAL DATE: 25th of October

Posted by metalandi on 17.09.2008 at00:17:

Oh, so early thought we'll make it in november, but good so. großes Grinsen

I give both things a loud HELL YEAH!! First we can hang around in the Brauhaus and then go to your Appartement and take the party to the next level. großes Grinsen for me it's really not important on which day it exactly is, so i'll leave that decision to you. Can't wait for the party großes Grinsen

Posted by Highwayman on 17.09.2008 at01:59:

HELL YEAH Dinko (and Jörg, hehe); I think I'll be in, sounds like lots of fun! beer Well, I'm sure I'll find a place to sleep somewhere in Graz (*hust* *schnorr* großes Grinsen ), and if this party is on the Saturday, then unfortunately I'll have to move my lazy ass to the Gemeindeamt and get a "Wahlkarte" for me and vote in Graz (our "Wahllokale" in Sipbachzell all close at 14:00, I don't wanna be forced to catch a train at 10-11am to arrive in Upper Austria on time!!). großes Grinsen But make that party whenever you want, this weekend is a good choice!!!

Thanks in advance!! beer beer

Posted by Livestrong on 17.09.2008 at09:51:

Of course I'm in beer , but do you guys mind if we're going to change the date to October, 'cause I'm quite busy at work in September and also have to work on the weekends traurig

If not, probably we can do a second leg großes Grinsen

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at10:21:

No I dont mind at all, thats what this thread is for. To get a date which suits all of us best. Lets wait and see what jörg says.

Posted by Livestrong on 17.09.2008 at10:25:

All right, because I really want to be there großes Grinsen

Posted by Metallifreak on 17.09.2008 at10:36:

Hey Dinko, really nice idea. Well, problem is I'm not sure that I'm here during this weekend. I have to check. Maybe October is good aswell???

Posted by metalandi on 17.09.2008 at10:41:

October sounds good to me aswell. Also, on September 28 is the nationalratswahl and i don't want to give my vote there jetlegged, hehehe großes Grinsen

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at10:41:

Ok so we have time to plan it really good. smile

Posted by Livestrong on 17.09.2008 at10:51:

Cool stuff cool

Posted by Highwayman on 17.09.2008 at10:56:

The first counteropinion: for me, October would be suck (my semester in Innsbruck starts right after the election and it takes 6 long hours to get from Innsbruck to Graz; and the train ticket is more expensive from Tyrol than fro Upper Austria), so I would probably not come.

But what can I do if the majority can't come on the last weekend on September? Zunge raus traurig

But Bernd's idea with the second leg is also great (I'd suggest November here, in January I'll have 1-2 large exams; so February would be better; and I'm sure that we hopefully have an indoor Austria gig sometime in Spring).

@second leg: I think we all agree that the 4-5 weeks before Christmas would not be a good idea, bc everyone would be busy with the different "Weihnachtsfeiern", maybe work/exams and with all the rest of the Christmas stress (and of course the Opeth gig in Vienna on 7.12 großes Grinsen ).

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at11:00:

For me only the last weekend in november would be possible, on the 3 first weekends im at different gigs

Kittie, Dark Tranquility and Slayer

Posted by Livestrong on 17.09.2008 at11:01:

I'll be at a gig last weekend in November großes Grinsen , Black Stone Cherry, yeah and Slayer of course Zunge raus

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at11:03:

Sorry I think we'll stay with october. And we make a second meeting in the following months.

Posted by Highwayman on 17.09.2008 at11:15:

@Dinko: do you mean the Slayer gig in Vienna? If yes, then we almost have a chapter meeting at the Gasometer with 3-4 members. großes Grinsen

The Unholy Alliance: Chapter III European Tour

I'm still not sure if I go there, it all depends on the bank account Zunge raus and on the University timetable, so I'll decide sometime in October.

@the first meeting in Graz which will probably be in October: it's not impossible that I go there, I just have to reflect if I've got anything to do on Uni on this Friday; and if it's worth for me spending so much money on the train and 2x6 hours sitting in the train. When I've got time and when I think it's worth all that (that also depends who and how much will come Zunge raus , but 2x6 hours on train are still 12 hours), then I will definately be there!!
Have fun there, hopefully I'll have it too! Zunge raus großes Grinsen beer

Posted by Dinx on 17.09.2008 at11:17:

Yes I'm at the gig in vienna ...so we can drink some beer there!

Posted by preinzi on 18.09.2008 at21:42:

HELL YEAH!!
i'm totally in! as long as it's not the 2nd week of october (11. - 12.)...

i'll bring my bottle of jack again.. Augenzwinkern

Posted by metalandi on 18.09.2008 at21:49:

Please no whiskey... großes Grinsen

Posted by FlOrion on 18.09.2008 at21:57:

hey those ideas sound really great, but october is probably better for me because on the last september weekend i'm not in Graz.

@ Highwayman: Walter, you can sleep at my place if you come to Graz, just like you did at the QOTSA-gig! I'm looking forward to give you shelter!

Posted by Livestrong on 19.09.2008 at09:17:

quote:
Original von metalandi
Please no whiskey... großes Grinsen

Yeah Andi, we'll have some lovely beers beer , I'm wondering if Bernd is able to come, to bring some Starkenberger großes Grinsen

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH