DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/index.php)
- Metallica (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/board.php?boardid=1)
-- Metallica News (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/board.php?boardid=2)
--- The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ] (http://donttreadonaustria.at/forum/thread.php?threadid=2305)

Posted by metalandi on 21.05.2010 at12:34:

The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ]

quote:
Global movie theater simulcast on Tuesday, June 22 from Sofia, Bulgaria

Can't make it to Europe this June for one of the seven Sonisphere "Big Four" shows featuring the 'Tallica along with Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax? No problem . . . we've got the next best thing through the magic of satellite technology with a special HD simulcast from Sofia, Bulgaria on June 22!

Here's how it works: The live show will be transmitted via satellite to over 450 movie theaters in the U.S. and over 350 theaters across Europe, Canada, and Latin America. Within hours of all of us walking off the stage, depending on what time zone you live in, you'll be able to rock out to each set in the cozy confines of your local movie theater that same night.

Now the nitty gritty details: Tickets for the one night only event are available at the local theater box offices and online at www.thebigfourlive.com where you can see a complete list of presenting theaters. They will start to go on sale Friday, May 21 in the U.S and Friday, May 28 internationally. Please note that ticket on sale times and even days will vary by theatre, so check with your friendly neighborhood participating movie theatre for exact days and times tickets will be available and keep watching www.thebigfourlive.com for theatre additions/changes. For our friends in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, delayed screenings will be coming your way. Again, keep watching here and thebigfourlive.com for updates.

A few more tidbits you might find helpful: Ticket prices in the U.S. will be around $20 plus whatever service charges your local theater may add. No, unfortunately each band's entire set will not be shown, but trust us, you'll see most of the action.

If you're still with us here and want a little more info about the good people helping to make this happen, check out: www.byexperience.net. They've done some awesome events!

Quite awesome, austria is on the cinema list aswell! cool

Posted by martin6762000 on 21.05.2010 at15:00:

RE: The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ]

great news großes Grinsen

Posted by Livestrong on 22.05.2010 at17:30:

RE: The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ]

That's awesome, I'm really curious which cinemas are participating

Posted by Requiem on 28.05.2010 at11:43:

who is going to see this?

it would cost 20€ for me, but i don´t know yet.

Posted by metalandi on 28.05.2010 at11:48:

I don't think i'll go, i know it's going for like 4 hours but 25 euroes are too much for me, when i think about that i'm gonan see them LIVE anyway. I hope though, that this comes out kind aofficially on DVD or whatever, at some point.

Posted by Requiem on 28.05.2010 at11:56:

that would be my next question, if there´s gonna be a DVD release.
actually it would make sense.

Posted by metalandi on 28.05.2010 at11:59:

yeah, pretty much everything that comes to a cinema, come sout on dvd too later. Would be a pity if it wouldn't, cause otherwise we'd only get crappy, illegalliy filmed inside the cinema material.

Posted by jamiz on 28.05.2010 at14:36:

i get my ticket.... großes Grinsen großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

Posted by martin6762000 on 30.05.2010 at20:57:

i've got my ticket for vienna (Millennium City) today smile

is someone else there too??

Posted by Livestrong on 31.05.2010 at15:24:

I can't go unfortunately, 'cause I'm in the middle of renovating my flat traurig

Posted by damageinc on 01.06.2010 at21:34:

I got my ticket too, but I'm going to watch in my own city, so sorry I won't go to Millennium City. großes Grinsen

The whole shit starts at 7pm, I'm wondering how much time will Metallica get (talking about broadcasting).

Posted by metalandi on 01.06.2010 at21:44:

I think i read somewhere that they're showing the full metallica performance.

Posted by Metallifreak on 01.06.2010 at21:49:

And I read somewhere that they only broadcast highlights, no full sets. Don't care since I am not going to see it.

Posted by metalandi on 01.06.2010 at22:20:

Well it's going for 5 hours so it will for sure not be only highlights. I know they said they won't show full performances of every band, but to me it souned like that didn't include metallica. Gonna check out the press release again...
But i'm not going either, so i'm kinda with jörg here großes Grinsen

Posted by Metallifreak on 01.06.2010 at22:34:

quote:
Original von metalandi
Well it's going for 5 hours so it will for sure not be only highlights. I know they said they won't show full performances of every band, but to me it souned like that didn't include metallica. Gonna check out the press release again...
But i'm not going either, so i'm kinda with jörg here großes Grinsen

I have to party with an beautyful 4 year old girl on this day. So now time for me. I'm sure someone will be able to rip this stream, so we can find it on DVD pretty soon.

Posted by metalandi on 01.06.2010 at22:55:

Jörg, the girls you're dating get younger all the time! geschockt Just kidding, enjoy the day with your daughter großes Grinsen

I won't go cause i think it's too expensive, even though it's 5 hours, and we'll see that package in jonschwil live anyway.

Posted by damageinc on 02.06.2010 at13:52:

Andi, have you heard that Metallica plays different set on different shows? So it won't be THAT like in Jonschwil. großes Grinsen

Anyhoo, I think approx €13 is not expensive for a 3D movie, nor when it is Metallica (oh yeah, you can guess I'm going only because of 'tallica).

Posted by metalandi on 02.06.2010 at15:56:

What? Tell me something..i didn't know that großes Grinsen

Yeah of course i know, but i meant i'm going to see the big 4 package live. And i'm sure that the thing will be captured one way or the other anyway, so i can watch it at home too. And i think i read that it costs 35 euro in the cinemas here...and also it isn't 3D Augenzwinkern

Posted by Metallifreak on 02.06.2010 at17:41:

Ticket at Cineplexx is for € 25,00

Posted by Requiem on 02.06.2010 at20:00:

i won´t go either

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH