Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Metallica to Cover Iron Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow"! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Metallica to Cover Iron Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow"!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Metallica to Cover Iron Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow"! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kerrang! Iron Maiden Tribute Album
6/25/2008

We were honored to be asked to participate in Kerrang's exclusive “Maiden Heaven” tribute album . . . one of those super cool Kerrang! CD's that you can only get when you buy the mag. In this case, the issue (# 1219) goes on sale in the UK on July 16 and for those of you somewhere else, you can pick it up online at http://www.kerrang.com.

We picked “Remember Tomorrow” from Iron Maiden's self titled first album . . . it was basically the blueprint for songs like “Fade to Black” and “Sanitarium” and when we were jamming our way thru most of our favorite early Maiden songs, this one stood out and also came together somewhat effortlessly. . . we had a blast recording it at HQ in the middle of all the insanity of the last two weeks of finishing the new album back in May. Some of our other favorite bands recorded their own versions of Maiden songs too . . . Machine Head, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed And Cambria, Dream Theater to name a few. There are more details in the current issue of Kerrang! or on their

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

"Iron Maiden are 10% cooler than every other band!" Lars Ulrich, Metallica.

Kerrang! team up with Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold and more for an a world exclusive, all star Iron Maiden tribute album!

15 of Kerrang!'s favourite bands have come together to pay tribute to the planet's greatest metal band - Iron Maiden!

Following on from our 2006 Kerrang! Remastered CD in honour of Metallica's Master Of Puppets, this latest collection - Maiden Heaven - features bands covering tracks from Iron Maiden's legendary career, and will be given away free in Kerrang! issue 1219 on sale July 16.

The CD includes world exclusive performances from Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed And Cambria, Gallows and more!

Chatting exclusively to Kerrang!, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich tells the readers how much respect the Bay Area thrashers have for the Brit metal legends.

"Iron Maiden are 10% cooler than every other band," says Ulrich. "From their relationship with their fans, to their album covers to their stages, to their live presentation, to their photos - whatever they did was always cooler than what everyone else did! I have always had an incredible amount of respect and admiration for them and obviously getting a chance to be part of this CD feels that that has come a full circle. We played Remember Tomorrow as it was basically the blueprint for songs like Fade To Black and Welcome Home (Sanitarium), and some of the more epic ballady type of songs that Metallica had done later. We had so much fun with this!"

Machine Head frontman Robb Flynn is equally excited to be a part of this project.

"When I was a kid Iron Maiden were a very big deal to me and the influence they had on Machine Head has been huge," he reveals. "We decided to cover Hallowed Be Thy Name for this CD because it's just such a great song, in fact it's a classic. I just love the way the vocal line goes up and down, so dramatic. If someone who'd never heard them wanted to know what Iron Maiden sounded like I'd point them in the direction of Hallowed Be Thy Name."

Metal heroes Trivium are happy to admit their own brand of heavy tunes could never have existed without Maiden's worldwide influence.

"Iron Maiden helped create what we know as heavy metal," states frontman Matt Heafy. "Their influence can be heard on classic and contemporary bands alike; their fan base spans across the youngest and newest of heavy music recruits all the way to the diehard, life-long metal elite. We chose to play the track Iron Maiden, as the song that screamed out our love for them musically, and we knew it would be a really fun song to jam out in the studio. It was an honour to be able to play one of Iron Maiden's tracks and have the opportunity to contribute to this amazing CD. We hope everyone has as much fun listening to it as we did making it!"

Meanwhile, Avenged Sevenfold - who have been picked to support Maiden at their upcoming Twickenham Stadium show on July 5 - say they are "honoured" to be part of this Kerrang! tribute. "Maiden are by far the best live band in the world and their music is timeless," says vocalist M Shadows. "This also gives us a chance to expose this great song to some of our younger fans who maybe aren't as familiar with Iron Maiden."

UK hardcore punk rockers Gallows chose to contribute a version of Wrathchild to the collection.

"We're actually all huge Maiden fans and while learning Wrathchild we discovered a new found respect for the band as musicians," says guitarist Laurent Barnard. "Some of their riffs are pretty fast and Steve Harris has definitely earned his place as a bass legend! We're so happy we were asked to be included!"

This Kerrang! Maiden Heaven CD's arrival coincides with the band's European leg of their Somwhere Back In Time World Tour - and follows on from the release of their own collection Somewhere Back In Time: The Best Of 80 -89.

"Maiden much appreciate and are very flattered by all the time spent on this by a lot of great bands," says Iron Maiden's manager Rod Smallwood, "and would like to thank them, and also Kerrang!, for the honour. Thanks everyone!"

Pick up your copy of Kerrang! issue 1219 on sale July 16 for your own copy of Maiden Heaven.

MAIDEN HEAVEN tracklisting

Black Tide - Prowler
Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
Avenged Sevenfold - Flash Of The Blade
Glamour Of The Kill - 2 Minutes To Midnight
Coheed and Cambria - The Trooper
DevilDriver - Wasted Years
Sign - Run To The Hills
Dream Theater - To Tame A Land
Madina Lake - Caught Somewhere In Time
Gallows - Wrathchild
Fightstar - Fear Of The Dark
Machine Head - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Trivium - Iron Maiden
Year Long Disaster - Running Free
Ghostlines - Brave New World

25.06.2008 12:07 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Metallica to Cover Iron Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow"! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is great großes Grinsen , thanks for the info Andi

25.06.2008 15:29 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's fucking awesome, I'd never tell that Metallica will cover Iron Maiden's song. Can't wait for it, they will show Iron Maiden how to play Remember Tomorrow cool .

25.06.2008 19:27 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's also due to mention Machine Head and Dream Theater are part of the record. These guys rock!
25.06.2008 22:15 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

this project sounds really cool!!

metallica, machine head and trivium playing maiden songs..very cool!! großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
25.06.2008 23:41 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

Don't forget about Avenged Sevenfold großes Grinsen .

26.06.2008 19:13 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi

Sorry, but they are shit. großes Grinsen The covers i am looking forward to the most are from Metallica, MH and Dream Theater. Zunge raus

26.06.2008 19:25 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von Marmetal
Don't forget about Avenged Sevenfold großes Grinsen .

yeah, i second andi's opinion...i saw this band at rock im park 2006 before metallica and they were just some really disturbing posers...music was just loud, but not good!!

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
26.06.2008 23:34 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

I like them. Beside Metallica, I'm waiting for A7X, Trivium and Machine Head covers.

27.06.2008 17:32 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

Audiosamples from some of the Covers are now available!

METALLICA - Remember Tomorrow (mp3 clip)
AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Flash Of The Blade (mp3 clip)
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - The Trooper (mp3 clip)
GALLOWS - Wrathchild (mp3 clip)
MACHINE HEAD - Hallowed Be Thy Name (mp3 clip)
TRIVIUM - Iron Maiden (mp3 clip)

I must say, i'm the most surprised by the Avanged Sevenfold one.. i mean, i HATE this band and the music they normally make, but this sound sincredible! The singer can actually sing, i can't believe it..i think they should go away from metalcore or whatever this is and make some proper old school heavy metal!

08.07.2008 20:01 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Requiem Requiem is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 03.01.2006

i don´t like the "the trooper" version...but trivium is also cool, the singer is using some other singing.sounds good for that song.

08.07.2008 20:50 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List
RESPECTED MEMBER

thanks for the links, andi großes Grinsen

metallica's version sounds really heavy....i love it!!

machine head's version sounds as cool as it seemed after being played live in lisbon!!

trivium's version is played really great, but matt could sing a bit more and not just scream!!

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
08.07.2008 21:50 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von Requiem
i don´t like the "the trooper" version...but trivium is also cool, the singer is using some other singing.sounds good for that song.

yeah, the trooper is by far the worst one...the voice of the singer is horrible!! verwirrt

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
08.07.2008 21:54 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List

Cheers Andi for the links großes Grinsen

09.07.2008 09:44 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Official MetClub Member

I told you that Avenged Sevenfold is a great band Augenzwinkern . To me Metallica's Remember Tomorrow sounds great and I love James' voice! Can't wait for full version, it's gonna be amazing cool .

09.07.2008 13:59 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

On their myspace page there now is another clip of a different part of the song, check it out! www.myspace.com/metallica

09.07.2008 14:54 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von Marmetal
I told you that Avenged Sevenfold is a great band Augenzwinkern . To me Metallica's Remember Tomorrow sounds great and I love James' voice! Can't wait for full version, it's gonna be amazing cool .

sorry, martin..avengend isn't a great band for me!!

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
09.07.2008 21:57 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von metalandi
On their myspace page there now is another clip of a different part of the song, check it out! www.myspace.com/metallica

thanks, andi..sounds fantastic großes Grinsen would love to hear them play remember tomorrow in bologna..hehehegroßes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
09.07.2008 21:59 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List

quote:
Original von metalandi

Cheers again cool

10.07.2008 08:35 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Official MetClub Member

quote:
Originally posted by norbinho19
quote:
Original von Marmetal

sorry, martin..avengend isn't a great band for me!!

No need to apologize, Bernd Augenzwinkern .

10.07.2008 19:31 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Metallica to Cover Iron Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow"!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH