Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Austria treads on Germany 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Austria treads on Germany 2008
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Austria treads on Germany 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, well, i can't even believe it myself, here it is...my first tour report!!! First i wanted to write the switzerland one first, but for berlin there's so much to tell, and the memories are still fresh, so here we go fuckers. großes Grinsen

It all began last thursday evening, when me and Jörg drove down to Salzburg to Christoph's House to spend the night there, because we had to get up really early to catch our flight the next morning in munich. "Troubles" already started happening, cause i wasn't able to find his house, but that was solved rapidly. großes Grinsen About half an hour after me Jörg also arrived, and we decided to have a quick beer before going to sleep. At the restaurant we met 2 other familiar guys, Patrik and Tommy. After about 1 1/2 comfortable hours we went back to chris' house and finally went to sleep.

It wasn't a long night, cause at 2.30 in the morning the bell of my mobile phone already rang to wake us up. What the fuck, that's really early, isn't it? But what wouldn't you do for metallica. About an hour later we all were on the highway witch 3 cars in total on our way to the munich airport. Before that 2 more friends joined us, Tom and Sabrina from Thalgau.

Won't talk too much about the flight, everything was alright there, and so we arrived at about 7.30 in Berlin. The day passed by pretty quickly, as we met Bernd & Michaela at the airport, and a few friends from other countries, including Diego and a few more italian fuckers.

After a quick meal we started our way to the brand new O2 Arena which was almost just around the corner from out hotel. At this point i have to say, there were scary and weird people in this part of the town since we were staying in Kreuzberg, i think everybody knows what i'm talking about. großes Grinsen

As we arrived at the arena 'bout 6 pm there were already a bigger bunch of people waiting of course but way beyond REALLY much. So we stood there, waiting, waiting and waiting. Nothing happened for nearly 1 hour, when some manager guy told us with a megaphone that we would have to wait for another hour, fuck. But that also goes by, and so we were in the arena at about 7.30 pm i guess.

I couldn't believe my eyes when we went in, the fucking stage really was in the middle!!! geschockt Awesome. There was plenty of space inside so we mostly could decide for ourselves where to stay. After some good and less good music from the speachers after 9 pm finally the lights went out and ecstacy came on. First arena gig for me, so you can tell i was excited. The intro to "That was just your life" came on next, and from that point on i was freaking out. You know the setlist, so not too much 'bout that. Finally on Seek and Destroy Bernd and i were standing like 5 cm face to face and were screaming the chorus in our faces, crazy shit. großes Grinsen Definitely the best metallica conceret i ever saw, i can't wait for the indoor tour!

Don't asked me what happened there, this photo was made by jörg großes Grinsen

Now, that it was all over, nobody really knew what to do, so we just went straight in the direction of the city, where we had a world famous "currywurscht". großes Grinsen (or was that in the afternoon? Fuck i can't remember großes Grinsen )

The salzburg-Kompanie and i wanted to start real heavy drinking now but Jörg was already drunk as shit from drinking coffee so we decided to go back to the hotel. großes Grinsen

There was only one problem now, we had a 4-bed room, but we were 5 people, as sabrina was about to go home by train already in the next morning and didn't have a room because of that. So, umm... in which bed she slept is left to be open. großes Grinsen

New day, new luck! We write saturday, september 13th. The weather was so-so, a bit cloudy and not too warm, but we wanted to do some sightseeing, so we drove in the city to see the famous Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburger Tor and the Reichstag. In between we had another less good currywurst, and at about 6 pm we made our way to the airport. I must say that i'm a dumbass, cause i idiot took my trolly with me and had to carry that damn thing the whole day. I'll never make that again for just 2 days. Augen rollen großes Grinsen

Everthing was okay again with the flight, and we finally arrived back in munich at about half past 9. Only 2 hours more of driving we were back on austrian ground.

That was it, i haven't thought that it would have been so long, hope you enjoy the read. last but not least, i wanna send out a big fat THANK YOU to all you cool people, Jörg, Bernd, Michaela, Sabrina, Tom, Christoph, Tommy, Patrik, and all the other guys we met in Berlin. Hope you have a good time dudes and dudettes, see ya on the next tour!!! beer

17.09.2008 21:01 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pretty nice review Andi großes Grinsen Btw, I wasn't drunk. I think Dinko has put something inside my beer since I was drinking only 1. Or 2?? Or 3?? Or ... Hahahaha
17.09.2008 21:46 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Registration Date: 14.03.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

God report Andi..

Jörg hit großes Grinsen großes Grinsen großes Grinsen
17.09.2008 23:34 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

nice report, andi....and a cool pic of jörg großes Grinsen hehehe....wish i could have been there, but i had to work traurig

now go and finally do the jonschwil report, or i will do it myself böse ...hehehe großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
18.09.2008 11:46 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi

Yeah yeah, don't hurry me bernd. großes Grinsen It will be up by the end of the week. But i have a little problem, i can't find the picture of you and sepu anymore traurig Do you still have it??

18.09.2008 11:59 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Very cool review my brother smile . Hey, I see American flags on one photo cool .

18.09.2008 18:46 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Austria treads on Germany 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good work Andi, cheers mate großes Grinsen

19.09.2008 09:19 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Austria treads on Germany 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH