Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Metallica Named Most Influential Band » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Metallica Named Most Influential Band
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Metallica Named Most Influential Band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Metallica have been voted the best rock group of the last 30 years in a poll by Kerrang! magazine.

Metallica have been voted the best rock group of the last 30 years.

The 'All Nightmare Long' group topped the poll compiled by British magazine Kerrang! of the most influential groups of the last 30 years, beating My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Green Day and Foo Fighters.

Drummer Lars Ulrich said: "it gives me a very warm and fuzzy feeling that Kerrang! Magazine have voted Metallica as the band that most changed their lives. I remember the first issue of the magazine in 1981. I had made a pilgrimage to England because I was obsessed with the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. I travelled all over the country and that first issue accompanied me everywhere."

Lars also paid tribute to 'Powerslave' group Iron Maiden, who came in at number three on the list, behind Green Day.

He said: "Iron Maiden have been the blueprint for everything that we have ever wanted to do."

Ozzy Osbourne is at number nine on the list with the magazine declaring: "That Ozzy is even alive today is enough to warrant his inclusion on the list, so herculean has his drug and alcohol intake been over the years."

Kerrang! 30 Rocks! bands, top ten:

01. Metallica
02. Green day
03. Iron Maiden
04. Slipknot
05. My Chemical Romance
06. Linkin Park
07. Bullet for my Valentine
08. Blink 182
09. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foo Fighters
02.06.2011 09:13 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
metalliaustria metalliaustria is a male

Registration Date: 13.03.2007

RE: Metallica Named Most Influential Band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wie repräsentativ ist eine Liste der most influential bands der letzten 30 Jahre mit "Green Day" "My chemical romance" "Bullet for..." und "Blink 182".

Welche Art von Einfluss hatten diese Sch...Bands. Auf das Wixverhalten pubertierender Teenager? Auf die Sch...Haarfrisuren der letzten 5 Jahre?

Nichts gegen diese Bands, aber diese Liste ist nur lächerlich.

chapter head von metalliaustria

www.myspace.com/metalliaustria
22.06.2011 16:36 metalliaustria is offline Send an Email to metalliaustria Homepage of metalliaustria Search for Posts by metalliaustria Add metalliaustria to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Metallica Named Most Influential Band

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH