Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Other Bands » Opeth 2008.12.07 Arena Wien » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Opeth 2008.12.07 Arena Wien
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Highwayman Highwayman is a male
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

images/avatars/avatar-139.png

Registration Date: 07.11.2007
Herkunft: Wien & Wels-Land

Opeth 2008.12.07 Arena Wien Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As you can see, Opeth will play a Gig at the Arena in Vienna on Sunday 7th December at 20:30. Tickets only cost about 21€ at oeticket.at!!
Does anyone wanna go there/join me??

My chance of being there is at least 90% (rather 99), they turned to one of my absolutely favourite bands in the last year and I've missed them at Rock im Park due to the hail on Saturday afternoon (@Chris: hoits enk zaumm, es dauert nimma laung großes Grinsen großes Grinsen beer oda Karree, Karree... a Stück vom Schweindl ohne Schwartn, jo des is a Karree).
btw, the following Monday is a holiday in good ol Austria (8. Dezember!!!!).

List of tourdates: http://www.myspace.com/opeth

Some alternatives if you don't wanna go to Vienna:

6th December Munich

4th December Milan

heavy greetz, Walter

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Highwayman: 04.08.2008 23:13.

04.08.2008 23:11 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Walter, i'm SO there with you!!! I want to see opeth since years now, but i never had luck, either. That fucking awesome, i'm going to see yet another of my favourite bands this year!! großes Grinsen

04.08.2008 23:16 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

Thread Starter Thread Started by Highwayman
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

beer \m/

That's an extremely quick and an extremely great answer!! großes Grinsen See you there!!

btw, if I interprete it correctly, The Ocean and Cynic are supporters. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...logID=417146754

I gotta get the 3 albums I haven't bought yet (Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH) as soon as possible (probably at beginning of September, when my holiday job is done, bc then my bank account looks a little better Zunge raus . And hopefully before the 12th, to shorten the waiting time for my coffin Zunge raus ).

@2008: from my 6 favourite bands I've seen:

Metallica 2x (Prague and Rock im Park)

Queens of the Stone Age 2x (Rock im Park and Graz)
Opeth (99.999999% in Vienna, but unfortunately not at RIP)
Machine Head in Prague (although they were much better in Dec 07 at the Gasometer).

The bands that are missing here are Soundgarden (some 10-12 years too late) and LED ZEPPELIN (the hope never dies großes Grinsen ).
04.08.2008 23:29 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

I lost all my patience and ordered my ticket at oeticket.at. I just have to pick it up at one of their Centers when I'm in Vienna or Innsbruck!

großes Grinsen

cu Walter
04.08.2008 23:38 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

I also almost bought it already (3 words with al.. lol) but i have to fully check some things before it. Looking forward to order them tomorrow! cool

04.08.2008 23:42 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

Congratulations, and none of these 3 words is alcohol!!! großes Grinsen großes Grinsen beer

I already have the printed "Buchungsbestätigung" in my hands!!
04.08.2008 23:46 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

Btw. walter, how'd you lan to get there? Are you in Wels the time the concert is? If yes what about driving there together?

04.08.2008 23:50 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

I study in Innsbruck, so I'll probably go directly from IBK to Vienna without stoppping in OÖ (by train). Or I might even stop in Linz or St. Valentin, these are anohter possibilities. I might even get a bed in my sister's flat in Wien-Alsergrund! ;D hehe
But yeah, maybe I'll go from IBK to OÖ the Thursday-Saturday before, than the gig, then I'll drive back either to the Sip-City (aka Sipbachzell) or to Innsbrooklyn (aka Innsbruck). I still have 4 months left to decide, AND I don't know anything about the timetable at university next semester, so nothing's decided at all.

Übrigens, i kumm aus Sipbochzö, net aus Wös! ;D
04.08.2008 23:59 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

I see..so i think i can go there by car by myself, it's only 2 hours. But i'd drive back straight after it then, already enough hotel stuff this year großes Grinsen

05.08.2008 00:29 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

All right I'm in as well, I'm going to purchase my tickets today großes Grinsen

05.08.2008 06:41 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Done großes Grinsen , I'm in. Just got my confirmation for the tickets Zunge raus

05.08.2008 14:48 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Cool bernd, then we can make a little chapter meeting there großes Grinsen

05.08.2008 14:57 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Of course we will, looking forward to it dude großes Grinsen

05.08.2008 18:32 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

I'm still not 100% healthy (yesterday evening I had 38,2°, now it's 37,4°), but I'm 90% sure that I can go! großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

Tomorrow I'll take the 9:30 train from Innsbruck and will arrive at Westbahnhof at 14:20, then I'll go to my sister's flat and leave the luggage there. Then I wanna go to some pub and watch the Viennese Derby (probably La Boule in the 8th district, hopefully Stefan Maierhofer will show Okotie who the real phantom is Zunge raus ).

Is it true that the entrance will start at 19:00 and the first band will start at 19:45???? I'm not quite sure, at the HP of the Arena it only says 19:00, without any further explanation. verwirrt
And I certainly don't wanna be too late for the first band, just like at the Unholy Alliance gig (do woar i net da oanzige, stimmts Bernd?! großes Grinsen ).
So, when and where should we meet?

cu tomorrow
06.12.2008 15:15 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

i was just about to ask the same. I don't even have my own ticket yet, so i have no clue when it starts großes Grinsen When will you be there bernd, and do you know where it is best to park at the venuer??

Woidl, i think i know why you have a cold..remember a certain night in graz at the jakominiplatz großes Grinsen

06.12.2008 16:05 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Parking there shouldn't be the problem Andi, there is a big parking house next to the venue großes Grinsen

The ticket says doors @ 08:00 pm, but I think that's bullshit. I have to check, which train I'll get. I'm going to text you tomorrow guys, when I'll be there.

06.12.2008 17:26 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

What the FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Actually I feel quite fine and not worse than a few hours ago, but my thermometer has just shown 38,6°, I don't understand it! böse böse böse

Now I really don't know if I can go, it wouldn't be very reasonable to risk a worse cold; and I don't know if I could fully enjoy these 3 concerts. And of course I would save bout 55€ for the train. Zunge raus

But on the other hand: It's OPETH!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, now that's a real dilemma.

böse böse
06.12.2008 21:00 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

3 concerts? I even don't know, who else is playing tonight großes Grinsen ...as long as they're serving some cold beer beer

07.12.2008 11:54 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

I hope you feel better today Walter, that would really suck if you could not go traurig

I'm searching the adress of the arena now and enter it later in my navigation system, then it should be no problem to get there großes Grinsen

07.12.2008 12:22 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

bernd, did you get my sms today? Strangely my mobile phone is fucking around a bit, yesterday i got several phone calls from a few people but it didn't ring and i didn't receive any of these calls verwirrt I think it should work again now though

07.12.2008 12:33 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Other Bands » Opeth 2008.12.07 Arena Wien

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH