Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Other Bands » Dream Theater » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dream Theater
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Dream Theater Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't know if we've got any DT fans here, but i love this band, seen them twice live and they're amazing! What do you think about them?

Here's a few infos to the new Live DVD which i'm getting for sure!
DREAM THEATER 'Chaos In Motion 2007/2008' Live DVD Sets to be Released in September - July 10, 2008

Few bands inspire such fanaticism among their fans as DREAM THEATER. The best way to satiate this dedicated legion is to provide them with even more material to devour and DREAM THEATER are doing just that this September. The band will release "Chaos In Motion 2007/2008", which documents their "Chaos In Motion" world tour, which kicked off June 3, 2007 at the Monsters of Rock festival in Milan, Italy and concluded almost a year to the day later on June 4, 2008 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It's essentially a travelogue of their most recent touring experience and it hits shelves on September 23. "Chaos In Motion 2007/2008" will be available in two configurations: as a double DVD set and as five disc collector's set which includes two DVDs and three CDs, containing 14 live tracks featured in the DVD set and expanded artwork.

The "Chaos in Motion" tour was a trek that found the band traversing the globe, playing 115 shows in 105 cities in 35 countries on five continents to hundreds of thousands of fans. It also included the first annual "Progressive Nation" tour, an idea that the band had kicked around for a few years and finally launched into action this past spring.

"Chaos In Motion 2007/2008" is the latest in a series of DVDs from the band and it features performances captured throughout the entirety of the tour, unlike their last three RIAA-certified platinum DVDs, "Metropolis 2000: Live Scenes From New York", "Live at Budokan" and "Score", all of which focused on as single concert event.

Drummer and DVD creative director Mike Portnoy plumed his personal archives for footage in order to provide fans with the ultimate tour souvenir. He assembled over three hours of complete live performances, taking footage from shows in Rotterdam, Buenos Aires, Toronto, Boston, Bangkok and Vancouver. The tracks were mixed and effectively brought to life by Kevin Shirley. The second disc is packed with bonus material, including promo videos, live screen projection films, a photo gallery and a 90-minute documentary that'll make you feel like you're riding in the passenger's seat of the band's tour bus, as it takes you on the road and behind the scenes with the band and crew. It's like a virtual backstage pass that grants fans further unprecedented access.

The official content and tracklisting for the DVD are as follows and are subject to change:

Double DVD Set

Disc One:

"Around The World In 180 Minutes" Live Concert Footage

01. Intro/Also Sprach Zarathustra
02. Constant Motion
03. Panic Attack
04. Blind Faith
05. Surrounded
06. The Dark Eternal Night
07. Keyboard Solo
08. Lines In The Sand
09. Scarred
10. Forsaken
11. The Ministry Of Lost Souls
12. Take The Time
13. In The Presence Of Enemies
14. Medley:
I. Trial Of Tears
II. Finally Free
III. Learning To Live
IV. In The Name Of God
V. Octavarium

Disc Two:

"Behind The Chaos On The Road" Documentary

Promo Videos:

01. Constant Motion
02. Forsaken
03. Forsaken (In Studio)
04. The Dark Eternal Night (In Studio)

Live Screen Projection Films:

01. The Dark Eternal Night (N.A.D.S)
02. The Ministry Of Lost Souls
03. In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 2

* Mike Portnoy Stage Tour
* Mike Portnoy Backstage Tour
* Photo Gallery

Deluxe Collector's Edition 5-Disc Set

"Chaos In Motion 2007/2008" Double DVD Set PLUS:

* 3 CDs containing the live 14 tracks featured in the DVD set
* Expanded artwork and more

Forsaken Preview Vid:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/s...spx?fileID=4012

09.09.2008 21:56 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Dream Theater Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have to say, I'm a big fan of DT and unfortunately I've only seen them once live. I'll buy the collector's edition for sure. Their previous DVD's were all well produced and their live shows are always a pleasure to watch.
Did you know that they've played Master of Puppets in its entirety after on of their gigs großes Grinsen

But I'm a bit confused about the release date Andi verwirrt

quote:
DREAM THEATER 'Chaos In Motion 2007/2008' Live DVD Sets to be Released in September - July 10, 2008

July 10??

Thanks for the info anyway fröhlich

10.09.2008 20:49 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's the date of the news dude, i only posted it so late großes Grinsen

The DVD itself is coming out end this month, gotta search the exact date.

I know og the MOP thing, it's part of their "official bootleg" series and available as soundboard quality album, along with many other albums at www.ytsejamrecords.com They also covered number of the beast, or made in japan from deep purple for example großes Grinsen

10.09.2008 21:29 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Andi for the links großes Grinsen

10.09.2008 21:34 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

oops i fucked up something, the real link is www.ytsejamrecords.com

the other one is wrong, sorry!

10.09.2008 21:40 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

But the first one is working as well Andi großes Grinsen

10.09.2008 21:46 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Omg, have you just seen the second goal against us unglücklich

10.09.2008 21:47 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

No, i'm only zapping around today, cause liust time i thought it brpught luck because i didn't watch the game at all..but it isn't the case this time traurig

10.09.2008 21:52 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

No, they're playing very weak Augen rollen

10.09.2008 21:54 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

So finally I've watched the DVD and it's fuckin' great. I was a bit surprised though, 'cause James and John gained so much weight, since the last time, I saw them geschockt . Yeah, it's a hard life out on the road there großes Grinsen

29.10.2008 19:06 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Hehehe, yeah, especially john became a real monster, he now looks like a guitar playing jesus on steroids großes Grinsen Have you already found the easter eggs on the dvds? In one video you can see a strange bottle with some chemical food-stuff that, as mike says "pomps ya op", that's the reason why john got so big großes Grinsen

29.10.2008 19:13 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Yeah, but I've not discovered all the goodies yet großes Grinsen

29.10.2008 19:48 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Hey Bernd, i'm sure you know about the liquid tension experiment, right?? Did you buy the live dvd that came out sometime last year?

06.04.2010 06:21 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

btw. Jordan Rudess can also fucking play guitar i just found out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gcWMjotgE

06.04.2010 15:44 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Registration Date: 14.03.2007

hey boys, i don't reemember that you like DT.
So, check this photo from October 2009.
I hope you like.

http://album.miarroba.com/jamiz/0/1/

smile
06.04.2010 19:29 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List

Noooooo geschockt Damn montse, i'm so fucking envious now! How did you get to meet them? I hate you! großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

06.04.2010 19:31 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

quote:
Original von metalandi
Hey Bernd, i'm sure you know about the liquid tension experiment, right?? Did you buy the live dvd that came out sometime last year?

No I have not Andi

07.04.2010 13:09 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

quote:
Original von jamiz
hey boys, i don't reemember that you like DT.
So, check this photo from October 2009.
I hope you like.

http://album.miarroba.com/jamiz/0/1/

smile

FUCK ME DEAD geschockt

07.04.2010 13:10 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

quote:
Original von Livestrong
quote:
Original von metalandi

No I have not Andi

Then i might have something for you next month großes Grinsen

But hey, don't say such words to montse großes Grinsen

Btw. montse, in that picture it looks more like YOU belong to the band, and john myung is just a random guy standing there aswell, haha großes Grinsen

07.04.2010 13:14 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Cool Andi, looking forward to it

07.04.2010 13:37 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Other Bands » Dream Theater

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH