Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Lars offers to drum for Deep Purple » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars offers to drum for Deep Purple
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Lars offers to drum for Deep Purple Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

METALLICA's ULRICH Says He Is Up For Playing With Reunited DEEP PURPLE - Jan. 5, 2009

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has offered his services to members of the DEEP PURPLE Mk III lineup should they decide to go ahead with a proposed reunion tour.

In separate interviews for February edition of Classic Rock magazine (issue No.12cool , David Coverdale (vocals), Glenn Hughes (bass, vocals) and Jon Lord (keyboards) have all intimated they would be up for playing together again, and all parties have recently been in contact with Ritchie Blackmore (guitar).

In fact, the only block to the band reforming could be Ian Paice, who, as a member of the current PURPLE, would probably find it difficult and uncomfortable to get involved.

Enter Lars Ulrich, a hardcore PURPLE fan who was fortunate enough to see PURPLE Mk III at the band's first show, at the KB Hallen in Copenhagen in 1973.

"I know there's talk about the fact that if they got Coverdale, Hughes, Lord and Blackmore together, they would have four members who aren't in the current DEEP PURPLE — then they just need a drummer. I'll volunteer myself for that," Lars laughed. "If they need a drummer, David Coverdale has my number."

The February edition of Classic Rock goes on sale on Wednesday, January 7.

05.01.2009 23:23 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Lars offers to drum for Deep Purple Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I don't think that this will ever happen Zunge raus

06.01.2009 11:53 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's rather a joke, but we all know that Lars is a big Deep Purple fan, so who knows Zunge raus .

07.01.2009 23:01 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Lars offers to drum for Deep Purple

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH