Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » European Metallibash 2006 Report [ 2/22/2006 ] » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page European Metallibash 2006 Report [ 2/22/2006 ]
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

European Metallibash 2006 Report [ 2/22/2006 ] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

European Metallibash 2006 Report [ 2/22/2006 ] [ back ]

After a 5 hours drive, I finally made my way to Zurich, Switzerland. It is Friday, February 10th. Andy (Damaged Switzerland) comes to pick me up, we gotta hurry up! There still are some things to do to make sure that Metallibash 2006 will be something to remember.
When we reach our hotel, my good friend Jorg is impatiently waiting for us outside the hall. We've been working to this project for a couple of months now, we're all excited cause tomorrow will be the day!

We're gonna have dinner in Zurich to set up the last details, decide the prizes, double checking the running order for the evening.

On Saturday morning, we go shopping in Zurich, but we just can't wait to be at Abart Club. At about 4 pm, we arrive at the Abart. Orion, the official Italian Tribute Band, and also official band of my chapter, are already loading in. The club is small, but very nice. Everyone's in full working mode, so we decide to go in the backstage room and start checking the guestlist, passes, prizes and so on.

One by one, the chapters are reaching the club. MetalMonster and Whipping Dancerz from france, Belgian Fuel from Belgium, Harvester of Holland from Holland. In a while, there are more than 50 people in the room, and it's just 6 pm! Absolutely great.

When Orion soundcheck starts, everyone moves out of the backstage room and n front of the stage. God, the sound is crystal clear and Orion are in a great vibe! The intro starts, and the guys try to fill in over the Blackened taped intro. It works out perfectly, everyone's staring as these guys plays really good! The pressure grows each minute. We just can't wait!

After the soundcheck, we all have dinner together in the backstage room, then we set our stalls for the record and memorabilia fair. Every chapter presents its tshirts, and I think I have never seen so many metallica records in one room!

At 8 pm, the Abart club opens its doors and people slowly flows in. A lot of fanns from Switzerland and Germany but also from Italy, Austria and other countries show up at the respective chapter stalls.

Fans are staring at the records, you can really find everything in one room! Vinyls, CDs, Pic Discs. Unbelievable!

At 9.40 pm the club counts 200 people at least. The lottery begins and I, Andy and Jorg are going on stage to draw the prizes. First prize is an autographed SKOM poster, donated by the mighty Metclub. We try to warm the crowd a little bit, the French guys from Metal Monster and Whipping Dancerz are a real bunch of Metalheads! They rock!

Right after the Grand Prize has been given, light go down, the Ecstasy of Gold begins, all the fans gather close to the stage clapping hands. Orion hit the stage and play a two hours set. First rows are really going crazy. All classics have been played, from Blackened to 4 Horsemen, from Master to Sandman. The guys of Orion played fast leaving everyone breathless and astonished!

So What is the encore, the club is packed with people everywhere, singing all songs as loud as they can. At midnight, the show ends, and some metal classic on CD are played.

It is time to thank everyone involved in this crazy night, most of all I would like to thank Andy from Damaged Switzerland who did a great job as always, and Jorg from Don't Tread On Austria, who has been a loyal partner all the way through.

A very special thank go out to all the Local Chapters who made the Metallibash 2006 such a great event! You guys ruled and we really appreciated your support.

I and Andy are already working on the European Metallibash 2007, but that's a whole new story! Stay tuned for more and bang that head that doesn't bang!

Riccardo De Santis
Chapter Head of
The Italian Metallibashers

More pics of the event can be found here:

http://www.donttreadonaustria.at/forum/t...hp?threadid=331

http://www.donttreadonaustria.at/forum/t...hp?threadid=332
22.02.2006 21:13 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's official review to MetClub right?

23.02.2006 18:58 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Metallifreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right. That's copied direct from MetClub.com. That's why you maybe are not able to see the pix.
23.02.2006 19:23 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Thanks for the info Metallifreak smile .

24.02.2006 11:07 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » European Metallibash 2006 Report [ 2/22/2006 ]

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH