Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Ecstasy Of Gold - Metallica Style » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ecstasy Of Gold - Metallica Style
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Ecstasy Of Gold - Metallica Style Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The lights go down, the last strains of AC/DC fade out and Metallica are about to step foot on stage, but not until "Ecstasy of Gold" plays. The very familiar composition from the classic film "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" has been opening Metallica shows for over two decades, and now the band will honor its composer Ennio Morricone by contributing their recording of the song to a tribute album coming out in the Spring of 2007.

Morricone, the internationally acclaimed composer of over 400 film and television scores, will be celebrating his 78th birthday tomorrow as he prepares to make his on-stage debut in North America at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on February 3, 2007. He will be conducting a 200 piece orchestra and choir performing songs from some of his best known scores. The subsequent tribute album will also feature Andrea Bocelli, Yo-Yo Ma, Bruce Springsteen, and Celine Dion and more.

We'll keep you posted as we have more details about the release of the record.

---

Personally I can't wait for their version of "The Ecstasy Of Gold". I love original version and I think Metallica's should be incredible. I have no idea how the song will sound. Anyway, can't wait!

10.11.2006 18:25 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanx for the info my friend großes Grinsen
10.11.2006 18:31 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marmetal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are always welcome Jorg großes Grinsen . It's gonna be awesome.

10.11.2006 19:41 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Ecstasy Of Gold - Metallica Style

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH