Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2007.10.27 - Mountain View, CA Bridge School Benefit » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2007.10.27 - Mountain View, CA Bridge School Benefit
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

2007.10.27 - Mountain View, CA Bridge School Benefit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey dudes, here you can discuss everything about this show. You can put some pics inside, aswell as a copy of the ticket or what the fuck you wanna do.
27.10.2007 08:18 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

RE: 2007.10.27 - Mountain View, CA Bridge School Benefit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metallifreak
Hey dudes, here you can discuss everything about this show. You can put some pics inside, aswell as a copy of the ticket or what the fuck you wanna do.

Watch your language großes Grinsen Zunge raus . Can't wait for the show(s) cool .

27.10.2007 13:23 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Sound Check
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:57:00 AM
- Posted by : MetOnTour
The boys made the trek down to Mountian View last night to do a quick sound check. Everything sounded really good. The band are scheduled to take the stage at 10pm, but it looks like that has been moved to 11. Either way, if you are going to the show, make sure you are there before 9, just in case. Pics from last night are up. Next report will be from Shoreline!

27.10.2007 20:22 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Thread Starter Thread Started by Metallifreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bridge School Starts
Posted: 10/27/2007 7:15:00 PM
My Morning Jacket are just finishing up their set. Next up is John Mayer. The set change tonight, Metallica are going to close the show!
28.10.2007 08:13 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
RESPECTED MEMBER

And now....
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:22:00 PM
Quick update, James just introduced Tom Waits!
28.10.2007 08:13 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Setlist Up!
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:45:00 PM
Wow, what a special and unique show. We hand a lot of songs that Metallica have never played before (most of them covers). But your MOT's favorite was All Within My Hands. In deot review coming right ...

Setlist:

I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth)
Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth)
I'm Only Happy When It Rains (Garbage)
Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits)
Disposable Hereos
All Within My Hands
Turn The Page
Nothing Else Matters
28.10.2007 08:38 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Review
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:10:00 AM
- Posted by : SW! Editor Steffan
..it's always a moving occasion.
Sure, the band takes the stage, but the children and parents for whom the Bridge School Benefit is put on in the first place take the CENTRE stage - literally. They sit and stand behind the band, and their presence reminds everyone that these performances, these unique acoustic performances, wring out something special.
This wasn't Metallica's first Bridge School Benefit of course, but tonight's 8 song set certainly eclipsed their previous appearance here.

They rehearsed against the clock for this, and you sensed beforehand that maybe they worried they'd be under-prepared...but when the moment came, they were not only superbly prepared but found enough seat in their collective pants to fly a little higher than anyone expected.

Opening with late '60s/early '70s Mowtown act Rare Earth's 'I Just Want To Celebrate' as an introduction, the band found their stride breaking open with Nazareth's 'Please Don't Judas Me', before doing a good (and surprising) spin on Garbage's 'Only Happy When It Rains'.

But for me, the moment it hit the next level was as Hetfield started to sing Dire Straits' 'Brothers In Arms', a song unimaginable as a Metallica cover when it was written, and frankly, one I was enormously surprised they'd chosen to cover...but it worked so well, turned into a stark, stripped down, precise and melancholic hymn, truely reflective of the deeper weight the evening held and a wonderful piece of unification on an evening when such things were more important than anything else.

What the guys did to 'Disposeable Heroes' was absolutely marvelous, taking it's brooding menace and re-framing it with a dirty, muddy-booted, peet-infested scent, keeping it's power and strength whilst giving it new, jaunty celtic life. And the re-working of 'All Within My Hands' proved just how rich and versatile the '...Anger' era material was, Trujillo and Hammett up and off their feet, 'electrified' if you will by the energy of the moment.

The final two songs, Bob Seger's 'Turn The Page' and 'Nothing Else Matters' are tried and trusted acoustic favorites, true crowd pleasers and both were delivered to tumultuous applause.

Fitting closers for a stirring event, Metallica opened up their acoustic wings perhaps wider than ever, taking a few gambles and finding a winning formula.
28.10.2007 09:26 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Nice set, very interesting.....

28.10.2007 09:27 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

That's great i couln't believe my eyes wheen i saw the set. After so many years Metallica can still surprise us. I'm fucking dying to hear the livemet-recordng großes Grinsen

28.10.2007 10:10 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

Yeah, I agree. Surprising is just a poor word. I really can't wait to listen to this show! cool
28.10.2007 12:14 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Some videos for you freaks großes Grinsen

Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzcQoxvEMLU

I Just Want To Celebrate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCPdjmlFSg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHQh8TuWhY

Disposable Heroes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161WHZkVaxM

James talking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJ3sx0i3ZU
28.10.2007 13:02 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
cradle
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 29.05.2006
Herkunft: heide / spain

tx for the links jörg smile

28.10.2007 13:33 cradle is offline Send an Email to cradle Homepage of cradle Search for Posts by cradle Add cradle to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

I never expected something like that! geschockt They performed 5 never played songs including 4 new covers and All Within My Hands, OMG! Metallica is so unpredictable! I think it's bigger surprise for me than playing whole Master Of Puppets in 2006 or ...And Justice For All this year. I think today's setlist will be different. Can't wait for the recordings!

28.10.2007 14:01 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Thanks for the vidz großes Grinsen

28.10.2007 14:52 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

thanks for all the infos, guys!!!

really cool setlist and nice videos!!

all within my hands and disposable heroes played acoustically????

wow, so great!! großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
28.10.2007 15:27 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List

Please Don't Judas Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz5zNoR95o

That sounds awesome!

28.10.2007 17:01 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Good Morning!
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:26:00 AM
How about that show last night eh? Pretty effing cool if you ask me. And since it was such a special show, I thought why not do a special video? Filmed from the side of the stage, here is 30 seconds of EACH song!! Let me know what you guys think, and Enjoy! Pictures coming up shortly....

28.10.2007 19:07 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Here is the MetOnTour Video Link
28.10.2007 19:25 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

5 minutes guys! Oct 27

Special edition Metalli-kids laminate Oct 27

Backstage sign of Metallica Oct 27

Lars with the Metallimomms banner Oct 27

Rob patiently waiting his turn for the M&G Oct 27

James in the meet and greet Oct 27

Rob and Kirk rehearsing Oct 27

The Bridge School kids made the dressing rooms signs for all the acts, here's Metallica's Oct 27

28.10.2007 20:02 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Pics are up
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:45:00 AM
Ok, pics from last night's show are up. The LiveMetallica.com crew are working hard to get the show available for download today. Be sure to head over there now and pre-order it!

yeah!

28.10.2007 20:38 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2007.10.27 - Mountain View, CA Bridge School Benefit

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH