Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Off Topic » Off Topic » Dinx' USA trip - Banging on the other side! PART I » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dinx' USA trip - Banging on the other side! PART I
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

Registration Date: 26.01.2007

Dinx' USA trip - Banging on the other side! PART I Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi guys!

In this topic I will talk and give you little insights into my trip to the USA. You might ask yourself, why should this be interesting? Well, because I am going to see a few bands and you might want to talk about it. And I'm going to post a few pics after the shows.

What happened untill now? I have booked my tickets and moreover I got tickets for the Masters of Metal Tour!!! with

Testament
Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell
Motörhead

cool thing!

My trip starts on August 1st, therefore there won't be any new information before this date, because im busy with work. I just hope to get my DTOA shirt before I go there!

11.06.2008 09:56 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's awesome, I'd love to go to the USA this summer, it's my dream!

11.06.2008 19:23 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

have a great us trip, man!!! großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
11.06.2008 20:15 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

I'm looking forward to your reviews and pics, enjoy yourself there dude großes Grinsen

14.06.2008 10:17 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Awesome man, hope you see another few great bands over there, can't wait for your next report! großes Grinsen

14.06.2008 12:06 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dinx

Hey guys, well guess what...Im in new jersey. I was in New york yesterday and I drank some budwiser (the american one).

Lets start at the beginning. I got on my plane on friday 1st of august, and the flight to warsaw was ok, there I had my transfer to Newark, New jersey. And thats where the first trouble started, my flight got delayed for 5 hours!!!! so I had to wait from 12-17h at the airport in warsaw, fortunately I was granted a free meal at the airports restaurant. And the other thing, which brightened everything a little up was, that I met 2 students from murau, who flew to New york too and so I had someone I could share my frustration with.

Well then there was the boarding to my flight and as we were sitting in the airplane, the pilot told us that the machine is not ready to take off yet and we had to wait for another hour. Great hugh?

Nevertheless, I landed in Newark at about 21h destination time and the friend of mine was already waiting for me. Untill now I got to see the Broadway, 5-7th avenue, Central Park, South orange - Maplewood - New Jersey (this is where I´m staying). I am going to order the tickets to the Testament-Motörehead show and I really cant wait to see the guys.

Oh of course, I already went to a bar and had my first beer after 9 months of complete soberiety (I dont really know if this word exsists). Today I was wearing the DTOA t-shirt and a guy came up to me, he was quite weird, and he said "DO you like Metallica?" and my first thought was ...WTF?

So Im going to put some pics online and give you regular updates when more things happen. Have a nice one...cya

05.08.2008 00:53 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List

Oh shit, sorry to hear you had so much troubles dinko, that sucks. But hey, you bring our chapter over the big sea, that's awesome! großes Grinsen I wonder if someone will recognize it at the motörhead show. I wish i can also go to new york someday, i really want to make a big sightseeing tour there. Wish you a lot of fun the next days!

05.08.2008 15:06 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

wütend More Troubles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey guys! Right now Im really in a great mood. I mean, I had very cool time till now, I've seen most parts of new york city with this nice girl. Pics will come when I'm back. BUT unfortunately I couldnt go to the concert i mentioned above, because it was quite far away and out of town, so I would have had to go by train for two hours, the ticket was about 90$ and there was no train back in the night. On the other hand, I went to some really cool guitar stores and played some fucking metal (and classic on the accoustic ones) and I at least could impress the girl (after playing Tool for her) HEHE Augenzwinkern

I just saw there will be a Metallica gig on 31. January in Newark and I though OMFG!!!! This is like 10 minutes from where I live right now and I might come here next year and watch that GIG with her!!!! YEEEAH!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dinx: 23.09.2008 20:15.

13.08.2008 02:28 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List

Now i got really excited who HER is, Dinko hehehe großes Grinsen

13.08.2008 02:29 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

Yeah, hehe, we need pics großes Grinsen .

13.08.2008 18:23 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

pix coming soon... or just check them out on my myspace profile

www.myspace.com/dinxguitar

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dinx: 18.08.2008 22:36.

18.08.2008 22:34 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List
roschelique roschelique is a female

Registration Date: 23.09.2008
Herkunft: USA - New Jersey

hi guys, i guess i'm "her"...

23.09.2008 20:24 roschelique is offline Send an Email to roschelique Homepage of roschelique Search for Posts by roschelique Add roschelique to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Welcome großes Grinsen
23.09.2008 20:27 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

hey sweetie! welcome to the board! großes Grinsen wanna check out my apartment?

23.09.2008 20:32 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List

Welcome, we've heard much about you. großes Grinsen If you wat you can introduce yourself HERE if you want Augenzwinkern

23.09.2008 20:43 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

thanks to everybody! smile well, to the three of you...

@ metalandi, i just posted a pic! click on it and it will pop up...

@ dinx, honey... i think i already did that... didn`t i? Augenzwinkern

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by roschelique: 24.09.2008 03:58.

24.09.2008 03:55 roschelique is offline Send an Email to roschelique Homepage of roschelique Search for Posts by roschelique Add roschelique to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Welcome großes Grinsen

24.09.2008 07:33 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Official MetClub Member

Welcome, I love America!

24.09.2008 19:20 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

thanks! smile
so, why do you love the states?
I mean, its really nice here and I LOVE NYC, but there are some really odd states...

24.09.2008 20:40 roschelique is offline Send an Email to roschelique Homepage of roschelique Search for Posts by roschelique Add roschelique to your Buddy List

If i can also answer somwthing, i actually am not too comfortable with the politics of the USA, but that doesn't bother me too much. I just love cities like NY because of their history and their "myghtiness". It's hard to explain, but there's just something magical about the land of the limitless possibilities großes Grinsen

24.09.2008 20:55 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Off Topic » Off Topic » Dinx' USA trip - Banging on the other side! PART I

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH