Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » The Day That Never Comes - New Single Online » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Day That Never Comes - New Single Online
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

The Day That Never Comes - New Single Online Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

21.08.2008 20:09 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Rick Rick is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

Registration Date: 30.10.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

........... shit......... I am shocked........ don't know what to think about this new single. It has great parts, but overall I would judge it rating from 1(shitty) to 10 (heavenly great!) a 6

All others can Die by his own Hand!
---------------------
21.08.2008 20:59 Rick is offline Send an Email to Rick Homepage of Rick Search for Posts by Rick Add Rick to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Rick
RESPECTED MEMBER

Thread Starter Thread Started by Metallifreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Same here Rick. Well, song itself is nice, but if this is the 1st single from the new album, it should be one of the best songs. If so, I should really start freakin' now. Hopefully rest sounds heavy and kicks maximum ass. Metallica back to the roots
21.08.2008 21:02 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

I really don't find anything to complain about, you guys must set your expectations a little less high..you can't expect a justice 2, dudes

21.08.2008 21:06 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

No Andy, we don't so. But after all those years and Rick on the Mixers we have to await an killer album. This album costs a few million dollars, and if it's just shit, it isn't worth. They say back to the roots, but it isn't. Song itself is nice, even the riffs, but the MetalliWorld expects a lot of more then just this. That's the shitty truth.
21.08.2008 21:10 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Fuck, fuck, fuck geschockt . It's amazingly awesome, I love it, I'm fucking psyched, holy shit! geschockt

21.08.2008 21:12 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

They never said back to the roots jörg. Augenzwinkern that's the old phenomen, that every time they say justice or mop in one sentence with the new alkbum, everybody thinks it will sound like that. But it doesn't and that's good. I don't want a fuckin' second mop or something, i want an individual album that sounds good, and i don't give a horse shit about what genre it is. It can also be could if it is rock'n roll or whatever. Important only is the quality of the songs to me, not if they sound old shcool or what the fuck else. Fuck that shit, i cannot hear it anymore. and if you call this song shit, there's something wrong, cause it is great. I don't say that as a fan but from an objective point. Augenzwinkern

21.08.2008 21:16 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Andy, we don't call the song shit. Rick and I have said that the song is nice, but not that kick-ass-song as they promised. That's all.
21.08.2008 21:19 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

That's your personal opinion then. For me it kicks maximum ass and is better than anything they made after the black album

21.08.2008 21:24 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Well, as you said it's your personal opinion too. I know a lot of people who like or love the song, and also a lot of who are not really surprised. That's music business. Let's wait for the album now.
Well, but i have to agree with you in one point. It's even a lot better then Load, Reload or St. Anger. So let's hope for more.
21.08.2008 21:30 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Here are the lyrics, but i think not everything is 100 percent correct:

Born to push you around
You better just stay down
You put away
He hits the flesh
You hit the ground
Maps so fulls of lies
Tend to black your eyes
Just keep them close
Keep praying
Just keep waiting

Waiting for the one
The day that never comes
When you stand up and feel the warmth
but the sunshine never comes
No the sunshine never comes

Push you cross that line
Just stay down this time
Hiding yourself
Crawling yourself
You'll have your time
God I'll make them pay
Take it back one day
I'll end this day
I'll spread the color on this grave

Waiting for the one
The day that never comes
When you stand up and feel the warmth
but the sunshine never comes
No the sunshine never comes

Love is a four letter word
And never spoken here
Love is a four letter word
Here in the prison
I suffer this no longer
I put it into
This I swear!
This I swear!
The sun will shine
This I swear!
This I swear!
This I swear!

21.08.2008 21:41 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Cheers Andi

21.08.2008 21:49 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
cradle
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 29.05.2006
Herkunft: heide / spain

i like it , mix from one, fade, orion, garage inc and it is very nice and heavy....!!

it gives no more puppets2 dudes and the 2 thrash fast songs on the album too said the mc xyz dude, he hear the first time the demos!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by cradle: 22.08.2008 02:28.

22.08.2008 01:22 cradle is offline Send an Email to cradle Homepage of cradle Search for Posts by cradle Add cradle to your Buddy List

Sorry for the comment, but this actually was pretty bad english großes Grinsen

22.08.2008 02:03 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
cradle
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 29.05.2006
Herkunft: heide / spain

großes Grinsen fuck it to mutch beer ^^

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by cradle: 22.08.2008 02:28.

22.08.2008 02:27 cradle is offline Send an Email to cradle Homepage of cradle Search for Posts by cradle Add cradle to your Buddy List
Dinx Dinx is a male
Official MetClub Member

Registration Date: 26.01.2007

I kind of like it but its not as heavy as I imagined it. BUT I think its a lot better than St. Anger. For the first single it is quite long too, especially the soloing part of kirk. hehe. smile It has a lot of riffs wich are really similar to some old ones, it sounds like a mix of all the old albums including reload. A friend of mine said at the beginning of the song it sounds like Radiohead, well the intro part. But maybe metallica didnt want to bring out a toooo heavy song as first single, so they can play it on MTV too. Augenzwinkern

22.08.2008 21:05 Dinx is offline Send an Email to Dinx Homepage of Dinx Search for Posts by Dinx Add Dinx to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » The Day That Never Comes - New Single Online

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH