Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ] » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ]
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Global movie theater simulcast on Tuesday, June 22 from Sofia, Bulgaria

Can't make it to Europe this June for one of the seven Sonisphere "Big Four" shows featuring the 'Tallica along with Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax? No problem . . . we've got the next best thing through the magic of satellite technology with a special HD simulcast from Sofia, Bulgaria on June 22!

Here's how it works: The live show will be transmitted via satellite to over 450 movie theaters in the U.S. and over 350 theaters across Europe, Canada, and Latin America. Within hours of all of us walking off the stage, depending on what time zone you live in, you'll be able to rock out to each set in the cozy confines of your local movie theater that same night.

Now the nitty gritty details: Tickets for the one night only event are available at the local theater box offices and online at www.thebigfourlive.com where you can see a complete list of presenting theaters. They will start to go on sale Friday, May 21 in the U.S and Friday, May 28 internationally. Please note that ticket on sale times and even days will vary by theatre, so check with your friendly neighborhood participating movie theatre for exact days and times tickets will be available and keep watching www.thebigfourlive.com for theatre additions/changes. For our friends in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, delayed screenings will be coming your way. Again, keep watching here and thebigfourlive.com for updates.

A few more tidbits you might find helpful: Ticket prices in the U.S. will be around $20 plus whatever service charges your local theater may add. No, unfortunately each band's entire set will not be shown, but trust us, you'll see most of the action.

If you're still with us here and want a little more info about the good people helping to make this happen, check out: www.byexperience.net. They've done some awesome events!

Quite awesome, austria is on the cinema list aswell! cool

21.05.2010 12:34 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
martin6762000 martin6762000 is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

images/avatars/avatar-160.jpg

Registration Date: 23.01.2007

RE: The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great news großes Grinsen

21.05.2010 15:00 martin6762000 is offline Send an Email to martin6762000 Search for Posts by martin6762000 Add martin6762000 to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's awesome, I'm really curious which cinemas are participating

22.05.2010 17:30 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Requiem Requiem is a male

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 03.01.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

who is going to see this?

it would cost 20€ for me, but i don´t know yet.

28.05.2010 11:43 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think i'll go, i know it's going for like 4 hours but 25 euroes are too much for me, when i think about that i'm gonan see them LIVE anyway. I hope though, that this comes out kind aofficially on DVD or whatever, at some point.

28.05.2010 11:48 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

that would be my next question, if there´s gonna be a DVD release.
actually it would make sense.

28.05.2010 11:56 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List

yeah, pretty much everything that comes to a cinema, come sout on dvd too later. Would be a pity if it wouldn't, cause otherwise we'd only get crappy, illegalliy filmed inside the cinema material.

28.05.2010 11:59 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Registration Date: 14.03.2007

i get my ticket.... großes Grinsen großes Grinsen großes Grinsen
28.05.2010 14:36 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List
martin6762000 martin6762000 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-160.jpg

Registration Date: 23.01.2007

i've got my ticket for vienna (Millennium City) today smile

is someone else there too??

30.05.2010 20:57 martin6762000 is offline Send an Email to martin6762000 Search for Posts by martin6762000 Add martin6762000 to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

I can't go unfortunately, 'cause I'm in the middle of renovating my flat traurig

31.05.2010 15:24 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
damageinc damageinc is a male
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 13.01.2010
Herkunft: Hungary

I got my ticket too, but I'm going to watch in my own city, so sorry I won't go to Millennium City. großes Grinsen

The whole shit starts at 7pm, I'm wondering how much time will Metallica get (talking about broadcasting).

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by damageinc: 01.06.2010 21:36.

01.06.2010 21:34 damageinc is offline Send an Email to damageinc Homepage of damageinc Search for Posts by damageinc Add damageinc to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for damageinc

I think i read somewhere that they're showing the full metallica performance.

01.06.2010 21:44 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

And I read somewhere that they only broadcast highlights, no full sets. Don't care since I am not going to see it.
01.06.2010 21:49 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Well it's going for 5 hours so it will for sure not be only highlights. I know they said they won't show full performances of every band, but to me it souned like that didn't include metallica. Gonna check out the press release again...
But i'm not going either, so i'm kinda with jörg here großes Grinsen

01.06.2010 22:20 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von metalandi
Well it's going for 5 hours so it will for sure not be only highlights. I know they said they won't show full performances of every band, but to me it souned like that didn't include metallica. Gonna check out the press release again...
But i'm not going either, so i'm kinda with jörg here großes Grinsen

I have to party with an beautyful 4 year old girl on this day. So now time for me. I'm sure someone will be able to rip this stream, so we can find it on DVD pretty soon.
01.06.2010 22:34 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Jörg, the girls you're dating get younger all the time! geschockt Just kidding, enjoy the day with your daughter großes Grinsen

I won't go cause i think it's too expensive, even though it's 5 hours, and we'll see that package in jonschwil live anyway.

01.06.2010 22:55 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
damageinc damageinc is a male
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 13.01.2010
Herkunft: Hungary

Andi, have you heard that Metallica plays different set on different shows? So it won't be THAT like in Jonschwil. großes Grinsen

Anyhoo, I think approx €13 is not expensive for a 3D movie, nor when it is Metallica (oh yeah, you can guess I'm going only because of 'tallica).

02.06.2010 13:52 damageinc is offline Send an Email to damageinc Homepage of damageinc Search for Posts by damageinc Add damageinc to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for damageinc

What? Tell me something..i didn't know that großes Grinsen

Yeah of course i know, but i meant i'm going to see the big 4 package live. And i'm sure that the thing will be captured one way or the other anyway, so i can watch it at home too. And i think i read that it costs 35 euro in the cinemas here...and also it isn't 3D Augenzwinkern

02.06.2010 15:56 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Ticket at Cineplexx is for € 25,00
02.06.2010 17:41 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

i won´t go either

02.06.2010 20:00 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » The Big Four . . . Coming To A Theatre Near You! [ 5/20/2010 ]

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH