Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.06 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2006.06.06 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

2006.06.06 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here you can discuss about this festival. Talk about it, find pix and setlist as soon as the gig is over.

Berlin review
Posted: 6/7/2006

From orestes on the Metallicabb.com message board: Oh what a day! What a show!! On 6.6.6 the sky bursts with neverending rain on like 20,000 Met fan, Zeus the weather God procalimed His dislike for metallica, but just after Avenged Sevenfold finished their excellent heating up, Zeus admitted his defeat to the Gods of Metal conquering the stage, rain stopped, show began...
Opening with motorbreath was a least surprise for a concert full of surprises, moshpit errupted, 1st times attendees there pulled off from moshpit not knowing what just hit them.After that Fuel and Wherever I may Roam came with all the rapture.Then James announced that they're playing a new song, i thought he must be kidding, new like N E W, new like never been played before!!! They ripped off through the song titled 'the new song', killer riff, Lars fierce double bass drumming, and a kirk solo, i couldn't catch any from the lyrics, but it's very auspicious! After that followed The Unforgiven and the solemnness for Master Of Puppets 20th anniversary. The whole album, the whole fucking metal bible.. The guys were extra-ordinary and enjoying every bit of it, Kirk and Rob, James who was the perfect host with his funny talk, never stopped on heating us up, and that small guy behind the drumset, well he looks like Lars, he walks and talks like Lars, but he drums like 10xLars!! WOW!!! It's my 5th met concert and never saw Lars so fierce on his drum set...

Show continued.The obligatory Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters, One and Enter Sandman followed.Another highlight of the show was The Ramones' Commando , with the guys from Avenged Sevenfold on backing vocals. And God knows what song was on their list as last one, cause all of us infront of stage started screaming SEEK AND DESTROY, James caught that, asked us one more time if we really wanted that, no one dissenting, they bursted into Seek with our best appreciation..

The show ended, standing ovations from the fans for an extremely surprising show, the long walk home began, really hoping for seeing them next time, like Lars said, next year, with new album, new tour!!!

Source: www.metontour.com
02.06.2006 21:42 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
ChristophFe ChristophFe is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

Registration Date: 26.09.2005
Herkunft: Fuschl am See, Salzburg Land

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Motorbreath
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
New Song
The Unforgiven
Battery
Master of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Leper Messiah
Orion
Damage, Inc.
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Commando (with Avenged Sevenfold on vocals)
Seek and Destroy

Berlin is a very special place. Not only did we see a new opener in Motorbreath, and the return of Commando, (with Avenged Sevenfold helping out on vocals) but Berlin also received a new song! So new, that it doesn't have a title yet, as James said just before ripping into a killer riff! (SHHHH, Don't tell anyone that I borrwed their connection to post the set.) Pics will up tomorrow night.

www.christophfe.at.tf
06.06.2006 22:36 ChristophFe is offline Send an Email to ChristophFe Homepage of ChristophFe Search for Posts by ChristophFe Add ChristophFe to your Buddy List Add ChristophFe to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was there! That was my third Metallica gig and it's the best day in my life. "Motorbreath", "The Unforgiven", "Commando" with Avenged Sevenfold and other stuff like full "Master Of Puppets" album were so fucking amazing. New song also. Oh fuck yeah, maybe some day I'll write longer review. I'm so excited and happy. Take care!

09.06.2006 13:01 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Maggy Maggy is a female

Registration Date: 02.06.2005

hey i was there as well großes Grinsen

have you been at the hard rock cafe??
11.06.2006 19:40 Maggy is offline Search for Posts by Maggy Add Maggy to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

quote:
Originally posted by Maggy
hey i was there as well großes Grinsen

have you been at the hard rock cafe??

Unfortunately I didn't have time. I saw only Olympic Stadium and Waldbuhne, that's all.

13.06.2006 22:39 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.06 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH