Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.11 Dublin, Ireland Download Festival » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2006.06.11 Dublin, Ireland Download Festival
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

2006.06.11 Dublin, Ireland Download Festival Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here you can discuss about this festival. Talk about it, find pix and setlist as soon as the gig is over.
02.06.2006 21:43 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Metallifreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Date: Jun 11, 2006
Venue: Download Festival
Setlist:

Creeping Death
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
The God That Failed
The Unforgiven
Battery
Master of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Leper Messiah
Orion
Damage, Inc.
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters (with Jerry Cantrell on vocals)
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Whiskey In The Jar
Seek and Destroy

Dublin review
Posted: 6/13/2006

From garyreid on the Metallicabb.com message board:
One special day! 14th September 1986, Metallica steam rolled into Dublin town for the first time, expectations were high, as a 14 year old kid the excitement was overwhelming, as not many metal bands visited Dublin in those days, what followed was to become legendary in my eyes and the eyes of all fans who packed the SFX that night, a hot, sweaty down right euphoric night of cliff and co. To this day I still feel extremely privileged to have seen Cliff Burton in full flow shortly before he died, and for me was the best metal show I had ever seen. UNTIL TODAY (Sorry Cliff)
What was it about last night's show that made it so special? A great Day? Great Beer?, Salmonella Burgers? Great bands? NO!!!

MASTER OF PUPPETS
One special day! 11th June 2006. Again, I felt like a 14 year old kid all over again, as most diehards and fan club members knew MOP was been played in full, for days beforehand the excitement was building, Master was playing at home and in the car at every available moment, the buzz of 86 was returning. As the GTBATU intro music started, you could sense something different, the atmosphere was special, I think all 40,000 people knew this was going to be a special Metallica day. 40,000 people cant be wrong! Creeping death has never sounded as good, the die die, has never been so loud, right to the back of the arena. What followed were flawless renditions of Fuel and Roam. The God that failed was awesome, you sometimes forget how great a song that is, pure adrenalin rush. The perfect Unforgiven closed the opening set. WAIT FOR IT. The tape starts rolling, James introduces MASTER OF PUPPETS to the masses, the crowd goes into an almost frenzy, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck just as they did all those years ago, what followed track by track was just indescribable, these guys just don't let up. Each song was played as true and as perfect as the day they wrote them, but with 20 more years experience of playing them, Cliff would have been proud, and hopefully the hairs were standing up on the back of his neck looking and listening to 40,000 people remembering him and his music. I'd like to give a huge thank you to rob (where were you 20 years ago) it cant have been easy stepping into cliffs shoes for this, but you pulled it off, (ORION WOW!!) you dig metallica and we all dig you. A flawless show, A great day, one I will never forget.

Thank you METALLICA, Thank you CLIFF BURTON for the music and the memories. GOD bless

Source: www.metontour.com
11.06.2006 18:09 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From MOT:

quote:
Setlist for Dublin so far
Posted: 6/11/2006
Creep, Fuel, Roam, God, Unforgiven, and of course the start of the Master album. The band just finished Disposable Heroes. I wonder what the cover song will be tonight? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11.06.2006 22:51 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Pretty good setlist. And I think in Ireland there's only chance to hear "Whiskey In The Jar" live smile .

13.06.2006 22:41 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

"Happy birthday" to Cali! Check the video out.

14.06.2006 22:05 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
David
Don't Tread On Austria Member

images/avatars/avatar-135.jpg

Registration Date: 28.12.2005
Herkunft: Perugia, Italy

Nice video!
thank you Marmetal
15.06.2006 08:57 David is offline Send an Email to David Search for Posts by David Add David to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

You're welcome my friend.

15.06.2006 18:37 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.11 Dublin, Ireland Download Festival

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH