Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.17 Imola, Italy Heineken Jammin Festival » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2006.06.17 Imola, Italy Heineken Jammin Festival
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

2006.06.17 Imola, Italy Heineken Jammin Festival Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here you can discuss about this festival. Talk about it, find pix and setlist as soon as the gig is over.

Imola review
Posted: 6/18/2006

Thanks to Marmetal from Poland for pointing out that I forgot to add Roam to the setlist. Cheers! Now here's a review from francesco on the Metallicabb.com message board:
no sleep at all but happy as a kid. This is the fourth time i see the guys and i must say every time is like the first time.I feel sorry for other bands that played before metallica since some idiot threw everithing against them. Sorry. The entire day is a magic ritual. You wait. What?METALLICA!!!!!! Once you hear ecstasy of gold you can feel the adrenaline start to flow...and everyone is thrashing all around,the world changes everyone is there to have fun and let it go... I thought that Imola was too fuckin hot in the afternoon but when metallica played after Italy-Usa at MIDNIGHT the temperature raised again... In the pit everyone was going mad. Creeping Death opened the show. The die part was so loud... but the first highlight comes with "new song" a very heavy song as James said.Double bass, a guitar solo, they are kickin our ass again baby!Then the unforgiven,James still sings that song like he used back in the day...
then the lights turned off, master of puppets comes and the crowd goes crazy... leper messiah along with disposable heroes and orion.A heavy metal dream came true tonight.I grew up with those songs... We started shouting Cliff as Orion was Played,not to be disrespectful to Robert but we felt like to imagine Cliff was there playing to us... as James said, God bless Cliff Burton!!!!!.But what a great solo by Rob... strange moves but great bass player.

Last part of the show saw the classics being singed along loud as fuck by everyone! What can I say? It has been a great evening for all music lovers. Metallica loves music you could see it by The fun they had, kirk smiling all the time, Lars that little man at the drums kicked us so hard... wow, double bass... man! Wow i've sore throat and here in Italy it's early in the morning but, for sure, i'll keep with me this special event so long in my heart. Thanks Guys see you next year, with a new album uhsmile ?

Source: www.metontour.com
02.06.2006 21:45 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Setlist from last show of the "Escape From The Studio European Tour '06":
Creeping Death
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
The New Song
The Unforgiven
Battery
Master Of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Leper Messiah
Orion
Damage, Inc.
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Last Caress
Seek And Destroy

Goodbye Metallica and see you next year (hopefully). That was amazing tour!

18.06.2006 17:11 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » 2006.06.17 Imola, Italy Heineken Jammin Festival

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH