Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » Current Setlists - The Poll » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: World Magnetic Tour Setlists - what do you think?
I'm satisfied, people shouldn't be whining so much. Be happy they still play live shows. 6 27.27%
The mix between old/new isn't good, there should be more stuff from Load/Reload/St.Anger. 6 27.27%
I'd want them to finally change the encores, seek really was long enough the last song. 5 22.73%
They should change up much more, but it doesn't matter which songs they play exactly. 3 13.64%
They should play some different DM songs, and 6 every night is too much i think. 2 9.09%
I don't care at all, metallica sux. 0 0.00%
Total: 22 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Current Setlists - The Poll
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Achtung Current Setlists - The Poll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alright, since i have noticed that the bothering about the current setlists is really growing, i thought i make a little poll, on how people are satisfied with the sets right now and what you would like to change. Feel free to vote and discuss please. smile

P.S.: Youc an choose multiple answers, and if i should add something please just tell me!

30.01.2009 17:40 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, i already see this is beeing ignored...something strange is going on here, and i don't know what it is. There is barely anyone posting anymore, basically it's just 4 people. I see more people online than that, but everybody's just looking. Why? This is a discussion forum, not a read-only site..it seems nobody wants to keep this here alive with discussing stuff and so on. I'll close this, if anybody feels the lust to start a proper discussion again, pm me and i'll re-open it...

31.01.2009 00:49 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't worry Andi, I'm here Augenzwinkern . I've chosen first and second option in a poll Freude .

01.02.2009 20:42 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Yeah Andy, don't worry. Nowbody can be online 24 hours a day, aside from you. It seems you are becoming an "Postingmachine" hit
01.02.2009 21:41 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi

Don't talk Jörg, there were at least 5 ifferent people online the day i made this poll, and at the end of the day still nobody has posted. Actually nobody besides me, martin and the 2 bernd's is posting regulary anymore. Seems noone really is interested in this chapter anymore, sadly...

01.02.2009 21:45 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

That's not correct Andy, some people are working the others are at School, and Metallica aren't on tour in Europe for the moment, that's why it nothing special going on here. Be sure, as soon as the 1st European 2009 show is on it's way, more people will be back online again.
01.02.2009 22:20 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Requiem Requiem is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 03.01.2006

some people are posting always the same shit everytime.
thats really boring to me.i don´t like to write the same postings as the others.

@andi
just give it a little time for the thread.

01.02.2009 22:32 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List
Highwayman Highwayman is a male
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

images/avatars/avatar-139.png

Registration Date: 07.11.2007
Herkunft: Wien & Wels-Land

I voted for the options "stop whining", "more from the Loads", "change the encores", "change a little more, but it's not too important".
But all of these are only partially true to me.

Sometimes I think you complain a little too much about the current setlists in North America. It'll take them about a month until they reach Europe again and three whole months until they are in our area again (I mean Middle Europe with A, Ger, CH etc); so there's enough time for some changes in the setlists (or in the basics of the sets). And honestly, the only setlist(s) that matter are the ones of the show(s) you eventually attend.
My point of view: atm I hardly care about the setlists (it's 3 months til Vienna), but I'm quite satisfied with them. I wouldn't mind seeing these 6 DM songs 2 or 3 times this year (dunno if I go to Nova Rock, will decide sometime in Spring) or even all of them (also bc I haven't seen any of them, I couldn't afford Berlin 0cool . And there are still some songs that have been played that tour that I've never seen (ok, I've "only" seen 3 shows so far) like Thingy, Fight Fire, Lights, JITF, Leper, Sleepz that I would really love to see. And there are some classics that I also don't wanna miss, so it IS damn hard to choose the ~18 "right" songs.

@songs from the Loads: it really depends which ones! There are some that I really love and that I'd so much love to see (Fixxer, Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, hero, Devil's, Carpe, Wild Things), some which would be okay (Fuel, Memory, U2, Mama said, House Jack built, Until it sleeps, Low Man's, maybe I forgot 1 or 2), but the rest would be a waste of time IMO. Zunge raus

@the encores: I'm not sure. On the one hand it gets a little boring, but on the other hand seek is still a cool closer. Now I'm kinda confused by myself. verwirrt fröhlich

off-topic: sorry for my late answer, but I had a big exam on Thursday and two weeks before (constitutional law/Verfassungsrecht, passed both written and oral with a 4) and was tired and/or hungover until yesterday. großes Grinsen
Oh, and I remain busy, I wanna pass the administrative law/Verwaltungsrecht exam in March, and afterwards other exams (european and maybe even international), so don't expect too much activity in the next weeks/months. Zunge raus

Edit: now I'm off to a Superbowlparty in Innsbruck, Go Steelers!! großes Grinsen

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Highwayman: 01.02.2009 23:21.

01.02.2009 23:19 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List
preinzi
unregistered

i voted for 1, 3 and 5..
i guess i'm ok with the american setlists because i've seen them only 3 times, so i'm happy with each and every song they play! großes Grinsen

but i understand why some of you are upset.. they could at least change some of the DM songs since this is the DMtour, so why only play half of the new songs?

i think the last time they played novarock they did the whole puppets album, right? so maybe this time they'll play the whole justice album?? Augenzwinkern

why i dont post much:
mostly i just use a few free minutes to check the forum and read most of the posts.. and mostly somebody already said roughly what i think so i'm too lazy to post it myselfe^^
i also had my lehrabschlussprüfung last week and i equiped my cellar with bass and drums for us (a band without name and singer) to jam.. it just was a busy time..
02.02.2009 21:54
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

i would like to see some songs from load, reload and st. anger on the setlist...no need to play sad but true nearly every night for example.

i think they could change the encores a bit more, maybe throw in there straw, dyers, struggle, ....seek as last song is really cool, i don't have a problem with this fact..

...BUT i don't want to see boring covers like caress in there anymore...they played it too often and they have some better cover songs to play than this!!

for europe i hope we will get one or another rare song, but all in all i don't think that the setlist will change a lot...also, i'm expecting judas kiss and apocalypse for europe!! großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
02.02.2009 22:25 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

I think there won't be any major changes in the Europeans sets, but never say never.

Probably the boys are completely into these Dm's songs playing at the moment großes Grinsen .
James and Lars are having the last word on the final set, so it'll be a tough on for the other guys to bring in their suggestions cool
Maybe it would be a complete different set, if Kirk or Rob rebels against the others großes Grinsen

03.02.2009 17:32 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Het2006 Het2006 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

Registration Date: 02.12.2006
Herkunft: Tirol

i think the most important thing is that we could see them live!
i think there will always be a few songs you like more or less because you cant make it right for everybody.
And when you look at other big bands, they play the same set for the whole tour....
03.02.2009 17:42 Het2006 is offline Send an Email to Het2006 Search for Posts by Het2006 Add Het2006 to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Yes, you're right. Every live gig is always something special

03.02.2009 18:14 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Met On Tour » Current Setlists - The Poll

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH