Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ilona Ilona is a female
Don't Tread On Austria Member

images/avatars/avatar-184.jpg

Registration Date: 05.03.2006
Herkunft: Lienz / Osttirol

Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

METALLICA frontman James Hetfield recently spoke to Rolling Stone magazine about the band's nomination for induction into the 2009 Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in its second year of eligibility, with the band qualifying because it has been recording for 25 years. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rolling Stone: Most likely, METALLICA will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame next April. Who will be onstage with you?

Hetfield: "Everyone that played on a record should be there. You're considered for the Hall 25 years after your first recording, not after you formed."

Rolling Stone: That would omit Dave Mustaine [former METALLICA guitarist and current MEGADETH mainman].

Hetfield: "He wasn't on a record. Jason Newsted [former METALLICA bassist] should be up there — he was in the band for 14 years and played on quite a few records. And so should Robert [Trujillo; current METALLICA bassist]."

Rolling Stone: Will it be weird to be there with Jason?

Hetfield: "There's no reason for it to be weird. We don't want to be part of the soap opera of the Hall of Fame. Everybody wants a train wreck, like with BLONDIE onstage arguing over crap [in 2006]. That really cheapens the moment."

Sorry I have no links. Found this on another forum.
11.11.2008 19:43 Ilona is offline Send an Email to Ilona Search for Posts by Ilona Add Ilona to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanx for the info großes Grinsen
11.11.2008 19:46 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Saw this also on blabbermouth, thanks Ilona! I think it would be great to have Jason on the stage with Rob together.

11.11.2008 20:24 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
cradle
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 29.05.2006
Herkunft: heide / spain

yep thats nice, i hope.

no mustaine cunt^^ großes Grinsen

12.11.2008 02:27 cradle is offline Send an Email to cradle Homepage of cradle Search for Posts by cradle Add cradle to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This would be awesome, thanks for the info großes Grinsen

12.11.2008 08:33 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Het2006 Het2006 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

Registration Date: 02.12.2006
Herkunft: Tirol

We're in!!

Check out the press conference here: http://www.fuse.tv/music/metallica.

Wow . . . what a great way to start off 2009! We are beyond proud to let you know that we will indeed be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a ceremony held in Cleveland on April 4, 2009. As a refresher, it has to have been 25 years since your first record was released to be eligible and while it certainly doesn't feel like it's been that long, we hear that's the case!

So here's the other cool part. For the first time in the 24 years that the Hall of Fame has been around, tickets to the ceremony will be available to YOU! The induction ceremony will be held at Public Hall in Cleveland, and if you're a member of the Hall of Fame and Museum, you can buy tickets in a pre-sale on January 22 and 23. There is a walk-up sale on Saturday, January 24 (that means you have to find your way to the box office at the Hall of Fame that day), and finally they will be available through all Ticketmaster outlets starting on Monday, January 26.

Met Club members: we will have more info by the end of the week for your special ticket sale. Stay tuned.....

We are keeping company with some amazing and legendary performers as Jeff Beck, Little Anthony & the Imperials, Run-DMC, and Bobby Womack will also be inducted that night.

Sorry, no details yet about exactly who will be at the induction as presenters and performers, but we can tell you that it will be broadcast live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv.

Keep watching here for more info and you can also check out the Hall's site at www.rockhall.com.

Full Press Release:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announces its Inductees for 2009

Induction Ceremony to Air Live on Fuse TV, April 4, 2009

January 13, 2009 - New York- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation today announced its inductees for 2009. The induction ceremony on April 4, 2009 will take place in Cleveland for the first time since 1997, and will be broadcast live on Fuse TV in a new three-year broadcast deal between the Foundation and Fuse. The ceremony will be supported by a weeklong series of events. In addition, for the first time in its 24- year history, tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be accessible to the public.

"This year's class of inductees truly represents what the Hall of Fame is all about. From classic artists that began their careers in the 50's and 60's to those that have defined the modern sound of rock and roll," said Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President and CEO Joel Peresman. "These artists demonstrate the rich diversity of rock and roll itself. We are proud to honor these artists and celebrate their contribution to rock and roll's place in our culture."

The performer inductees are:

Jeff Beck

Little Anthony and the Imperials

Metallica

Run-D.M.C.

Bobby Womack

Early Influence Category Inductee:

Wanda Jackson

Sidemen Category:

Bill Black

DJ Fontana

Spooner Oldham

The 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performer inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty-five years after their first recording is released.

In addition to being honored at the April ceremony, each inducted artist is commemorated at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland Ohio, which serves as a monument to rock and roll's impact on our culture. These inductees will be honored – along with previous year's inductees and hundreds of other artists – with an exhibit and film that serve to tell the story of modern music.

A limited number of pre-sale tickets to the Induction Ceremony at Cleveland's historic Public Hall will be available to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum members on Thursday, January 22 and Friday, January 23.

Pre-sale tickets will be available to the public during a one-day walk-up sale on Saturday, January 24 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Box Office. Tickets to the Induction Ceremony will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets beginning Monday, January 26. Fans can contact Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com.

Presenters and performers at the induction will be announced at a later date. The induction ceremony will be televised live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv April 4th, 2009.

Metallica is the most successful heavy metal band of the past quarter centry. Metallica's line-up has primarily consisted of drummer Lars Ulrich, rhythm guitarist, vocalist James Hetfield, and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, as well as current bass player Robert Trujillo. Longtime bassists for the band, the late Cliff Burton, and Jason Newsted, are also being inducted. Metallica's early releases included fast tempos, instrumentals, and aggressive musicianship that placed them as one of the "big four" of the thrash metal subgenre alongside Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. The band earned a growing fan base in the underground music community and critical acclaim, with the 1986 release Master of Puppets described as one of the most influential and "heavy" thrash metal albums. The band achieved substantial commercial success with its self-titled 1991 album, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. With this release the band expanded its musical direction resulting in an album that appealed to a more mainstream audience.
15.01.2009 21:19 Het2006 is offline Send an Email to Het2006 Search for Posts by Het2006 Add Het2006 to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Two words: fuck yeah! großes Grinsen Congratulations Metallica Freude .

15.01.2009 23:43 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
martin6762000 martin6762000 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-160.jpg

Registration Date: 23.01.2007

yess sir

great großes Grinsen

16.01.2009 07:03 martin6762000 is offline Send an Email to martin6762000 Search for Posts by martin6762000 Add martin6762000 to your Buddy List

So now i wonder, will they perform with jason or not? verwirrt I would love to see that.

16.01.2009 14:39 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Requiem Requiem is a male

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 03.01.2006

me either, but i can´t imagine this.

16.01.2009 15:17 Requiem is offline Send an Email to Requiem Search for Posts by Requiem Add Requiem to your Buddy List Add Requiem to your Contact List

This is fuckin' awesome, congrats to the boys großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

17.01.2009 12:12 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

quote:
Originally posted by metalandi
So now i wonder, will they perform with jason or not? verwirrt I would love to see that.

When hell freezes over. Unfortunately...
18.01.2009 15:57 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
Ilona Ilona is a female

images/avatars/avatar-184.jpg

Registration Date: 05.03.2006
Herkunft: Lienz / Osttirol

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ilona

I thought this was pretty cool to share, from Megadeths Myspace:

Metallica as you know has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say "congratulations!"

I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with Judas Priest so I will be unable to attend.

However, I'd like to say to Lars and James, "I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. I will continue to pray for the very best for you and your families as I always have."

Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me.

Respectfully yours,

Dave Mustaine

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabber...wsitemID=115274
01.03.2009 11:23 Ilona is offline Send an Email to Ilona Search for Posts by Ilona Add Ilona to your Buddy List

That's very kind of him großes Grinsen

01.03.2009 11:30 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

wow, didn't expect such respectful words from mustaine!! geschockt

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
01.03.2009 11:32 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

Yeah, that's very cool of both Dave and Metallica smile .

02.03.2009 18:07 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

Mmmmm... he has to promote his European tour, that's why he's so polite.
04.03.2009 22:38 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ktulu
Mmmmm... he has to promote his European tour, that's why he's so polite.

Haha, owned! großes Grinsen

05.03.2009 18:49 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List

I think he really means that. He seems like a really kind guy actually, i don't know why so many people hate him. And megadeth is a great band Zunge raus

05.03.2009 18:58 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

I don't hate him. I like Megadeth and I'm with you, people shouldn't overreact on everything he says. Live and let live Zunge raus

06.03.2009 04:20 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH